View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakkinator View Post
Are GT3 LCAs really necessary for more camber or will camber plates get most of the way there?
Camber plates will add 1.0 to 1.5 deg of additional camber. This might be enough or it might not be enough. But it will certainly help and camber plates are a lot cheaper than adj LCA's.

But don't be surprised if you are right back in the same situation in the future because as you get better, then you'll be able to push the car harder and likely to need even more camber.

Camber plates are cheaper now but you still might need adj LCA's later. Adj LCA's are expensive now but you only have to do them once. Pick your poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakkinator View Post
Which wheel size and offset do I need to get a 255 or 245 on the front?
Most of us running a 255 on the front simply use a stock rear wheel (17x8.5 et 48). You can safely run a 235 tire on a stock 17x7 wheel but that is about as wide as I would go on a 7in wheel.

In my experience, here are the handling characteristics at the limit of various width front tires;

205 Understeer
225 Slight understeer
235 Mostly balanced
245 Slight oversteer
255 Oversteer

Most of us running a square set up (255 on all four corners) re-balance the handling by using the 996 adj front sway bar and the Tarett adj rear sway bar to get the car back to neutral handling (or tuned to however you like it best).
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote