View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 02:28 PM   #7
flouese

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Flouse, tell us again about your car? Specifically, does it have PSM?

I remember reading in the pelican projects book, something about a process that's required to bleed the system, because air gets trapped in the PSM. ?? I may have the details wrong here, because I merely skimmed it, rather than actual reading, haha.

Have you read the procedure in the pelican book?

Your clutch and brakes share a reservoir.... but that's it. They of course have different master cylinders, and different slave cylinders (or calipers, in the appropriate system). So these two issues should not be related. UNLESS: what brake fluid did you put in? And what brake fluid was in it before? DOT 3 and DOT 5 are NOT compatible.... and will gel in the line, causing all sorts of terrible results, including quite possibly the ones you're describing.

Not trying to horrible-ize here. Tell us more.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I have a 1999 Boxster 2.5L with manual shift. I used DOT 4. I installed the master w/o conducting a bench bleed due to ignorance. I guess I missed or skipped over that step in the 101 Projects book. Is there a graceful recovery or will this necessitate the removal of the master and then doing the bench bleed and re-install?