View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 07:30 AM   #16
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post

i know that, in examining my lat-g through corners, that i can hit well over 1 g at apex and past, but i'm not there at turn-in. the concept of going in with the intent of understeering (and, i presume, aiming inside the apex) might get my lat-g's up earlier into the turn.
I am similar, in that I am often at 1+ lateral G at the Apex, but I'm not anywhere near -1 lat G at turn in. However, if I look at my GSUM (combined lateral and longitudinal Gs) it shows how I am combining my braking and turning forces at corner entry.

GSUM = sqrt((LatAcc^2)+(LonAcc^2))

This helps me to see if I am effectively combining my braking and turning at the start of a corner - if it is really low then I might be braking too soon and then gently rolling into the corner at less than the speed at which I could.

In corners where I do a soft(er) brake, like T1 at Road Atlanta, T1 at Sebring, or T1 at Roebling, this is an area where I probably lose a lot of time, as I am way under the limit there. I am driving down to Sebring later today with a goal in mind: "Roll more speed into T1" - I bet I can probably gain a second there just from that change...
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote