View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 05:21 PM   #7
Doug427

I put a eBay Android double din head unit in my '02 S model. In short, it's junk. Nav is very basic. It'll work on bluetooth for calls but won't stream music from my phone. I have a USB thumb drive with 2500 songs on it attached to the unit and it takes a few moments for them to load up. There is no volume knob on mine, it has touch sensitive + and - volume pads on it. I don't like them at all, I much prefer a knob. There is ZERO, and I mean absolutely ZERO support available from the Chinese who sell these things. Once they get your money you're on your own. I wrote them multiple emails about the unit not streaming music from my phone. Finally on the third try the sent me instructions on how to disassemble the radio and re-solder the main board. Yeah, I'll get right on that, thanks.

It was a $150 radio, and I got about what I paid for, likely even less. I like the double din. Don't go near one of these eBay Chinese radios. The unit I bought is labeled with the "Hizpo" brand. It was listed as "HD 7" Android 6.0 3G-WIFI 2Din Car Stereo Radio In Dash PC Tablet GPS Nav+Camera" by seller "elec-power" for $148.00. Avoid this radio and especially this seller at all costs.
Doug427 is offline   Reply With Quote