View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 06:56 AM   #8
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990 View Post
I am planning to purchase this kit for my seat repair https://www.leatherrepairkits.com/quick-rep/?make=Mercedes&color=Anthracite%20(Black)&item=7315

It appears to have everything I need. I plan to give the seats a thorough cleaning before starting the repair. I may decide to re-dye the entire seat to ensure a good color match. Because the seats are out of the car I may use a Preval sprayer for even coverage. https://store.preval.com/collections/preval-sprayer/products/preval-sprayer?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjMSc4Kj53AIVxYizCh26OAxd EAQYBCABEgLS7PD_BwE&variant=188709532

Please let me know what you think.
I would definitely order a bottle of Presto Prep cleaner (instead of the included wipes) to use after the Dawn dishwashing soap & rinse and before applying the Repair compound to assure good bonding. They also sell sample bottles of the Colorflex if you want to be sure the color match will be ok.

You could also consider the Crosslink bonding promoter. I don’t have any experience with the crosslink product, so I can’t comment on its ease of use or results. You can find these products under their ‘full line’ link.

I’ve used Preval sprayers in the past with decent results, but never to apply Colorflex.

As with all things regarding paint application - preparation is everything, several light coats are better than a few heavy coats (for the repair compound as well as the Colorflex), make sure your technique is solid and know how the products behave during application, drying and post application correction.

Just be sure to practice, there’s an art to doing this well!
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 08-19-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote