View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 02:31 AM   #1
Oldcarguy

Seat bolster repair

While I love my cocoa sports seats, 14 years of various POs ‘in and out’ has taken its toll, especially on the driver’s seat side and shoulder bolsters (and broken lower seat frame, but that’s for another time).

My 986 is a driver and I’m not a big fan of too much collector ‘patina’, so I decided to go with a leather repair kit. After researching the various repair kit alternatives (they all seem similar to me) I went with ‘Magic Mender’. Hokey name for a complete product line that worked great for me. Here are the before and after pics:

The cocoa ‘colorflex’ is a dead-on color and texture match. I still need to apply the black top glaze to achieve the closest ‘mottled look’ match to the original leather finish but frankly 99% of people seeing the car in person don’t notice unless I point out the difference.

I have a good bit of experience with these types of products so if you’re going to give a product like this a try and you’ve never performed this type of repair, practice first on something other than your Porsche!

As always, YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 08-16-2018 at 03:08 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote