Thread: Ride Height
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #4
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trygve View Post
Where the sweet spot is, I'm not sure.
The sweet spot is where aerodynamic drag and suspension performance are optimized.

Set the ride height too high and the car has too much aero drag. Too low and the suspension geometry isn't optimized or might even be on the bump stops and the car doesn't handle/grip as well as it could.

Finding that sweet spot in the middle is an art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trygve View Post
For SPB, rules say: "Ride height minimum 90 mm front and rear as measured at front cross of aluminum cross member and front-to-rear braces near rear sway bar." With that in mind, the smart guys keep saying you definitely do not want to actually go that low.
For SPB's, setting the ride height at the specified minimum has been found to compromise suspension performance - this is why guys much smarter than me say not to go this low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastta View Post
... but just curious what everyone is running ride height wise. I measure from lip of fender to center of the wheel.
Joe, to get you into the ballpark, my car is set at 12.125" front and 12.50" rear from center of wheel to fender lip.

I have seen other Spec Boxster's set higher and others set lower. Your mileage may vary.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 07-07-2018 at 02:03 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote