View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 11:24 AM   #12
BirdDog

I don't know that ebay seller - I usually get my used parts from Woody (forum member ItsNotaNova - 512-925-9171) or from ebay seller QualityPorscheParts if he doesn't have what I need. I like to buy my new parts from Pelican (1/2 my car is from Pelican!)

But that looks like a good deal. I would still try Woody first - he might be able to beat that price and he may have some advice on how to get it into your car...

Also...

That is the original oil filter assembly. The filter housing is made of a kind of plastic. It unscrews and there is a pleated paper element inside that presses up over a metal tube that sticks down, and the housing is screwed on over it.

An LN spin-on oil filter adapter would be a great upgrade... The bypass spring in the stock filter housing gets weak with age and can allow dirty oil to bypass the filter. Switching to the LN adapter and spin on filters fixes that. Plus, you'll be able to get new filters at your local NAPA or O'Reilly store... (and they'll cost less too)...