View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #6
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
well, i agree that thais car is most likely more show than go, but i'd argue with you on the stagger thing. no stagger may balance the car, but limits the amount of throttle you can put down on corner exit. 255 on the rear may be ok for a 200 hp spec racer, but for a beast you need more rear rubber. and you can offset that by adding more front rubber. what should be noted is that they've flared the front but not widened the front tires (if that's the case - i didn't watch the video). if so then more show than go for sure - flares to fit 235s? hell, i've widened my front track 15mm each side and am running 245s and still have room in the original fenders.

anyways, there is racing and there is spec racing. there is fast and there is spec fast. they are not mutually exclusive, but they are different.
Agree, the car has to have wider tires on the rear to put down the power, but needs somewhat wider front tires to balance the handling.

The opinions above are not my own (because all I know is Spec racing), but are the opinions of people who have built and successfully raced GT-classed Boxster's (most with 300-350hp). They don't see how that 235/325 tire stagger could possibly be fast. And they are calling Bisi out for it (the online posts are brutal, nothing like the kind posts here on 986Forum!)

So, without any lap times to compare against, all we get is a cool car that incites an internet war about its performance. I just wanted to let you know about the discussion.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 06-03-2018 at 10:24 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote