Thread: Seat heaters
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 06:12 AM   #6
TiberiusBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
I posted on my website a few days ago about how I think you would wire aftermarket seat heaters to OEM switches without doing the full OEM install like Dennis Vogel's DIY. Basically, you just wire aftermarket heaters to the OEM switches and relays, and do the wiring yourself. The only part I am not sure about is the compatibility of the relays and the two stage heater functions (high, low, off), with whatever aftermarket heater elements you choose to use.

I have not tested it, but it was a project I had been very curious about for several years, and I was already reviewing the wiring diagrams for a different project so I took a few minutes to work on the heated seats. Again, no guarantees it would work, but take a look, it might be helpful.
Rick,
Thanks, I will take a look. I was looking at the reviews for the one I posted and it "seems" rather straight forward. I would think it would not be "that" difficult, but who knows. I will take a look at your site and see what I can do in the next couple of months.