View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #4
harrg67

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiglitz View Post
Congrats!
I am a new 2002 base owner myself (about 1 month), and I'm in Winter Park. Looks nice! I have been fiddling around almost every day, mostly getting familiar with how things work, where they are, etc..
Overall, I have found it to be super simple.

Once you get familiar with it, things are really easy. Get familiar with service mode, removing both the top and front engine covers!!

The "fun" stuff is always fun, but the essentials are even more important. I have already:
  • Replaced cabin air filter (it was DISGUSTING)
  • Replaced Air Filter (it was HORRIBLE)
  • Changed oil/filter, added Magnetic Drain plug (amazon, 6qt cases of Mobil1 for about $27.00) Oil was dark, but clean and still somewhat translucent, filter was completely clean
  • Changed Serpentine belt (it was cracked all over the place, probably never been changed. Some DIY's state using a socket to do it. Do yourself a favor, have a WRENCH to do it (24mm), there's barely any clearance, wrench is perfect. Once I had the wrench, it took me less than 5 minutes to swap it out (and that is taking pics, making diagram of how belt goes, etc.)
  • Added rear speakers
  • Swapped out front dash speakers
  • Put in all new H7 bulbs in front (High/Low and Fog), as they were yellowy and one was out.
  • Clear side markers with LED amber bulb
  • 3rd brake light red led's
  • Interior white led's (courtesy lamp and door lamps)
  • Replaced power window switch
  • Replaced turn signal switch

I've been pretty busy!!

Love how it drives!!
Wow, you've been really busy! I'm doing much of the same and sounds like it cars are in similar situations conditions. Awesome tip on the wrench. I'm sure my serpentine belt Ness changing, too. I'm planning on putting in a double din Android head unit soon but first all the mechanicals need tending to. Congrats to both of us. 👍🏼
harrg67 is offline   Reply With Quote