View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 05:18 AM   #9
square-root

I'd be interested in the 3d blueprints!

I gutted an extra pair of dash speaker mounts but I'd prefer a cleaner looking install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiglitz View Post
My mount test was somewhat successful, if it was not for my lack of patience. They ended up making the speakers too deep to install. Since the oem speakers ended up being toast, I went ahead and cannibalized the mounts. Install went very well, may have to pull them again to square away the connection to the oem connector, it may need some attention. I have the "ready to print" mount 3d template if anyone has access to a 3d printer. My local library has one, but unfortunately, the "plate" is too small to fit, so it would not work. Stinks, as the charge for the smaller one they made me was fifty cents!

Next up... rear speakers:
Speakers mounts have been made (out of plastic), fitted, and painted and installed in tray
Speakers in mounts, wiring of speakers is done
Speaker grills have been made (thanks IKEA trash can), painted and fitted, hopefully installing today

Left to do:
Run 4pair speaker wire to radio (will most likely run it under center console)
Connect wire to radio connector (not running it to amp, since I only have a 4 channel amp)
Drop in the tray and speakers.

BTW, I used a MOLEX 4 pin connector as my "quick connect/disconnect" from harness to speaker tray, hope that works ok.

Last weekend's work:
Dash speaker upgrade
Work on rear speakers (mounts/etc)
Wiper Blades
LED door courtesy lamps and dome lamp (white)
Clear side markers
Frunk hood shocks
Install working 3 stalk turn signal adapter
Install new power mirror switch
led's in 3rd brake light (redoing it, lamps did not fit very well)
Washed top of engine compartment
Air filter
Cabin filter (there must have been a family living in all the stuff I took out of there!)
A/C LCD fix (thanks 914 rubber).. took me 1/2 hour tip to tail, and had to do it twice as I initially put the LCD screen in upside-down!
New fog lamp bulbs (one was out)

To do next weekend:
Oil/filter change, install mag drain plug (I hope I can fit myself under car!) Don't have a flat jack, just a bottle jack and stands!)
Serpentine belt change, front of engine clean (if needed) Inspect alt/water pump, etc..
Finish off rear speaker install

My only ?? right now is that my power mirrors are still not working (I replaced the switch). Anyone have a wiring diagram of the switch/harness so I can at least see if I am getting power in there? (I know enough of a multimeter to be dangerous!). Neither of them work, appears to be OK otherwise.

DRIVE!!

Thanks to my wife for hanging out w/me and working on detailing interior while I work on car.
2002 Artic Silver, 70k miles.
square-root is offline   Reply With Quote