View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 04:27 PM   #1002
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Well, that didn't work out as planned.

Drove the Spec Boxster from LA to Las Vegas to race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Outside Road course. Everything went fine in the first practice yesterday and I saw my lap times consistently dropping as I learned the course.

Then, in the second practice, I looped the car 180 degrees at the exit of Turn 10 and spun into the tire barrier protecting the wall. I hit the tire barrier going about 25 mph. Not a big hit but it was a nice smack.

The damage wasn't too bad - front fender pushed into the tire and cut into the tread, passenger side door pushed in, and some ripple on the rear fender.

I am also still losing coolant somewhere. I had the coolant system pressure tested after losing coolant at Buttonwillow and the shop found the reservoir leaking and it was replaced, but I still lost a lot of coolant in two sessions so that will have to be looked at again.

With body damage, a cut tire, losing coolant, and bruised ego from the self-inflicted damage, I decided to call it a weekend and came home (and stopped to refill coolant once).

Race. Repair. Repeat.

Next race in four weeks at PCA Festival of Speed at Fontana.

And yes, I have the video and will post tomorrow.
Attached Images

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 03-24-2018 at 04:30 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote