View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 05:24 AM   #1
Saxosim

Two quick questions for 996 clock upgrade project

Hi All,

I have purchased all of the parts necessary to do the 996 clock upgrade on my 2002 Boxster 986 S but just had a few questions i was hoping someone could kindly advise on:

1. If I install the new 996 oil sender switch now as the car is getting serviced on Friday, will I be okay the connect the new 2nd wire to its connector on the oil sender but then just leave the other end of it ready behind my current 986 dash clocks? Will the 996 sender work okay and give me the same function of the existing 986 oil sender? I was just thinking of asking the garage to switch them over so I can just install the clocks in a few weeks.

2. Can anyone tell me from the labels which clocks I have I.e from which 996? The breakers already had them on the shelf as the 2x stalks had broken. I will be replacing them shortly as have spares and then sending the clocks away for mileage adjustment. The clocks are the later type but just not sure if they are from a C2 or C4 as I read that can make a difference with the fuel gauge.

Here is a photo of my clocks

Thanks

Saxosim is offline   Reply With Quote