View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
Dave80GTSi

ROW Flash, and Now Car Is Undrivable!

Sent my ECU, Immobilizer, and keys to ECU Doctors for a ROW reflash. They gave it a clean bill of health, and I reinstalled everything this morning.

Upon starting the car, the engine surges repeatedly, once about every second, from idle to about 2000 rpm. Up, down, up, down - goes on for minutes, with no change. Pushing the accelerator during this time has zero effect - even floored, the engine continues to surge, just as described before. The car cannot be driven.

-No- CEL lights or codes whatsoever indicated.

My question: Is there some sort of "reacquainted" deal that the car needs to go thru upon the reinstallation of an ECU so to get back together and sorted one to the other?

Obviously, during the period of time that the ECU was out of the car, the battery was disconnected, and I am 1001% certain that I reinstalled everything exactly as it came out - photos taken during the disassembly were used for reassembly, even though I do not see any reasonable way that the connectors for either the immobilizer or the ECU could be installed incorrectly.

I am at a complete loss here - Anyone ever experienced anything similar?

Thanks - DM

Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote