Thread: Alignment
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
mjw930

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman12
Honestly, $120 is rip off. Good thing I got connection, even the Porsche employee will say they charged "too much".
Hmm, so you think $120 is a rip off. Well, how much time will the average Porsche mechanic who knows what they are doing spend on the car, 1 hour, 2 hours, 30 minutes? Let's talk average time. My guess is about 1 hour average. Consider the dealership's hourly rate at anywhere from $75 - $150 depending on location. Also factor in the cost of the machine (many thousands of $$$$) and that hourly rate need to be that high to pay for the overhead of being able to service your car.

You may not like to pay it or you may have a shop that had paid for equipment and "Bubba" over in the corner who's "always wanted to work on a Poorsh" either way, you get what you pay for. With my dealer I know the alignment tech and I can take it back for minor "tweaks" gratus, that kind of post sales support is why I write the dealer larger checks than some may feel is "fair".

Come on people, you don't own a Kia. No one said Porsche ownership was going to be cheap..... At least it hasn't been cheap for the last 30 year's I've owned Porsches.

Current Porsches:
2004 Cayenne Turbo
2003 Boxster S
Past Porsches:
1989 911 turbo
1981 911SC
1984 944
1973 914
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote