View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 05:57 AM   #5
z12358

The deal sounds good but keep few things in mind:

1. Look at color combos, analyze options and decide what YOU want. +/-$1k will do nothing for you during the years of ownership if you are not happy with what you got .

2. You are in the driver's seat as a 06 buyer right now and it only get's better all the way to next spring. So time is working for you and there's no need to rush into anything (unless you HAVE to drive this Sep and Oct before the top-down season ends in OH). You should be able to drive the green one off their lot on a blustery Dec 30 evening after writing a $39k check on the spot, imho.

3. Use the power of free markets to your advantage. This is America! After deciding what colors and options you want and comparing it with the inventory of the 14 dealers in the 150mi radius around you, make a priority list (top three choices) and prepare a "Request For Quotes" listing them. Then fax/email the request to the 14 sales managers. Discretely, in the request, make everyone aware that 13 others will be receiving it as well. It helps if you're paying cash and if you're serious about buying RIGHT NOW (state that). Also state in the request that the response with the lowest price for the closest item on your list will win your business. Then relax and enjoy the responses. You may be surprised... And SD987(S ) was right. Dealers can easily switch wheels on/off cars to match your wishes.

A small comment on the green Boxster. One thing that I personally don't like about it is the black top. The green goes great with the sand leather and the top should have been brown, as well. The silver accents already make the sand interior too busy (I prefer the black interior) -- add the green body, the silver wheels and side intakes and the black top and it ends up being too much, imho. But that's just me -- I got a triple-black, after all so I may be an extremist in a sense. I just liked how the black (paint, leather, top) matched the silver of the interior accents, wheels, side-vents, and roll-bars, and the white of the gauges (mine's S).

One final comment. Get an S if you can afford it. You may be able to get a basic 06 S (with heated seats and windstop, a must!) WELL below $50k this winter, depending on options.

Hope this helped.

Last edited by z12358; 08-26-2006 at 06:22 AM.
z12358 is offline   Reply With Quote