View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 07:52 AM   #6
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegearhead View Post
Stiffening the front bar definitely adds understeer. I’m running it on the second setting. As far as what’s holing me back I’m not sure, I experience a little understeer at low speeds and oversteer at high speeds. Overall it’s pretty balanced.

Steve, I used to run M030 with a front GT3 bar and I think it’s a stronger setup than my KW2s. It’s hard to beat a factory setup I guess
Sounds like you have a balanced setup, going to the adjustable rear Tarett GT bar would increase oversteer I think since it would be stiffer than stock or M030.

If you got the rear bar and got too much oversteer I guess you could go 1 hole stiffer in the front and experiment until you got it balanced again, at which point you possibly may have less body roll and lean?

I'm trying to think about when I get oversteer and earlier I gave a couple of examples of trail braking on corner entry and lifting mid corner, I forgot to say, I also get oversteer when powering out of very tight/slow turns when I'm in 2nd gear.

Do you have an LSD? I have heard that an LSD can increase understeer in slower turns (due to locking the rears?) and also tend more toward oversteer in faster corners (both rear wheels spinning instead of just the unloaded inner wheel?) I don't have an LSD so I don't know
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote