View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 05:51 AM   #6
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post
Its because the books cover the 5 speed transmission and only mentions differences between 5 and 6 speed when they remember.
There is some truth to this at times, and certainly in this particular case. The Bentley cover does say "Service Manual Boxster, Boxster S." You'd think they could have at least thrown in a sentence mentioning the different location of the plug in the S. That said, this is not a major complaint. In this case it took all of 10 seconds to find it, especially when I realized that it was a 10mm hex, which both Bentley and Wayne DID mention. I think you're probably right with your "when they remember" comment---occasional inadvertent omissions are nearly unavoidable in any publication. In general both books do a good job covering all the 986s, whether 5-speed, 6-speed, or tip.

Between these two books, resources like this forum, rennlist, Pedro, etc, and a sprinkle of logic I've been able to figure out most things I needed to figure out to do the projects I have chosen to undertake.

Last edited by Frodo; 12-14-2017 at 05:54 AM.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote