View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #17
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewArt View Post
I hear you mate. The answer to your last question is a resounding NO! However, one doesn’t preclude the other. I’m not racing, just trying to hang with my 911 buddies on the straights.
I have spent quite a bit of time with instructors and will continue to do that on occasion as I continue to improve.
It is very hard to hang with a 911 in the straights with a 986. You need to beat them in the corners, but like Tom and others stated that take training and getting smooth so you can carry more speed before the pedals goes to the floor. But once the pedals go down there isn't much hope if your not carrying more speed than they are out of the corner.

These cars with bigger brakes can enter the corner faster, so brake later and catch them going into the corner. Trail braking does not upset them as quickly, which sets you up so you can be of full throttle much faster sometime even before the apex. The 911 can't do that. Learn these 2 things and you can cut down your corner time by seconds while increasing your exit speed by 10 or more MPH above them.

1. Find 100 pounds to remove from the car, more if you're willing to part with trim and fluff
2. Get a set of Pagig R19 or R29 brake pads. These will not fade and wear like steel.
3. Buy a set of slick tires BF Goodrich R1S, Hankook Z214 or Hoozier R7
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote