View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #10
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas951 View Post
I actually give the OP a thumbs up for taking DIY a step further than general parts replacement. Individuals like this are good people to have around as they can teach us a few things. If he had a bad alternator he would probably try to see why and replace a worn brush for a few bucks than several hundred for a new alternator. Most shops replace the whole component because Time is money and they also make money on the parts. This thread sure taught me something new.
Thank you.

I pursued that direction because the part was, literally, staring me right in the face. And, the diaphragm replacement seemed the obvious, first, easiest, and least costly, replacement measure. Especially since there was the step-by of the process. No biggy to replace the AOS, although I was disappointed to see the absence of those tabs.

I won't be needing the 2 diaphragms I have, if anyone's interested. Gratis.

Thank you for the compliment. If I had what I diagnosed as a bad alternator I might take it to the alternator shop in town.

Finally, anything I know about my car I've learned from this forum. Tricks. Techniques. Methods. Tools. Ancillaries. Virtually an answer to any question one might have.

Thank you.
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote