Thread: 986 Haters
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 07:15 AM   #1
marcoc

986 Haters

I am fairly quite on all forums I belong to, with a 5 year old and 5 month old my time is taken up but I needed to say something and see if others get the same. I have owned my 2001 Boxster S for 2 years now (64k miles). I always loved Porsche and wanted one so when I saw the Boxster prices under $15k for an S in pretty good shape I decided to sell my 1999 Mustang Cobra and look for a Boxster. I did many repairs and upgrades and the my car is pretty well sorted now, mostly completed by me. I have been a PCA member and attended some meetings/events but not everyone, who has time for that? So here is my rant- I am 36 years old but l could pass for 30 and I feel the Boxster hate from other Porsche guys. Sorry I cant afford a GT3 and spend 5 grand on seat stitching but I am an enthusiast. To me I like 924's to 964's and all are Porsches no matter what. I seem to get the cold shoulder from many other Porsche owners, honestly they say Porsche owners are snobs and I see it. The Mustangs guys are alot more accepting as are Toyota guys (another interest of mine). I didnt buy the car for hanging out with other owners but the camaraderie is part of the ownership of a marque. Is it because I look young? Is it because I drive a $15k Boxster? Whats up with PCA members at least in my region? I have tried talking to guys at meetings and some are cool but the majority aren't. Will the 986 hate every go away?:ah:
2001 Boxster 986 S, 6spd, arctic silver, black interior with black rear glass top, 18" staggered black powder-coated Porsche twists, aftermarket exhaust, smoked headlights and taillights, 20mm rear hubcentric billet wheel spacers, 5mm front billet wheel spacers, de-snorkled, passenger airbag switch, 997 shifter upgrade, LN engineering dual row update, Koni FSD with H&R sport springs, Joe Toth composites rear duck tail spoiler.
marcoc is offline   Reply With Quote