View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #6
BYprodriver

Garage
1. Did the 1998 Boxster arrive with an AOS with the removable top, with the 4 prongs?

2. Did the 1998 Boxster arrive with an AOS with a sealed top, absent the 4 prongs?

3. In order of market arrival would it be: A. Round on top, with 4 prongs. Then maybe a "part improvement" with the next version arriving, B. Round on top, sealed. Then followed by the current version with the "top" on the side, and sealed. Just wondering if that wasn't the development progression.

4. Would the AOS, in my car now, as I described... round on top, sealed, be the second AOS in the car? That's assuming it arrived with the "first generation... round on top... 4 prongs.

Thank you for your consideration.[/QUOTE]

1. I have been on this forum & others since about 2005 daily & never heard or saw anything about a removable diaphram.

2. I was "positive" the 1st gen AOS with horizontal diaphram was discontinued sometime in 1997 when the new current version was fazed into production.

3. To the best of my knowledge "3" is correct if you eliminate "A".

4. Is your Box a USA car?