View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 06:35 PM   #7
steved0x

I wish I would have asked what color your Boxster was, I walked around Sunday morning and saw lots of 986 boxsters but didn't know which one was yours... Were you lined up for the orientation laps at the beginning? If so I probably saw it, there were 2-3 boxsters in that line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsranch View Post
Just a follow up for anyone interested. The Pilot Sport AS3 tires performed very well this weekend. I started with recommended pressures of 29psi front and 36psi rear. This felt a little sloppy in the rear and a little pushy in the front. I adjusted the front to 33psi and the rear to 38psi for the second session, though they had not returned to their cold pressure settings this felt less pushy in front and seemed to allow me to better throttle the rear around to compensate. They were fairly new and it doesn't look like I put much wear on them although I did not measure tread depth. I would guess another 2 or three track days still left. With the new brakes and fluids being the only changes from bone stock to my boxster she held up well with temps in the low eighties, though there was definitely some brake and rubber smell in the air. The yellow EBC pads were good but mostly felt like a street pad that was getting the job done as best it could. I think next event I will look for a more aggressive pad. Lots of heavy hitters out there this weekend at Sebring and I admit to being just a little intimidated in my stock Boxster but the car handles extremely well and there was a lot of satisfaction in learning a new car and finding the sweet spots.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote