View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 03:12 PM   #12
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelbster View Post
Has anyone gone in the opposite direction ?
I mean fitting 17" rims to a Boxster S to use higher Aspect Ratio tires to improve the ride? Before you snigger - it may help with resistance to wheel damage from potholes and may allow snow chains to clear.
This may help some people justify keeping their old 17" rims or boost their value if sold to support the 18" upgrade.
Thanks.
I am running 17" Boxster S wheels on my base Boxster with S front brakes OFF Track, there is no clearance issue. I run the Cayman S wheels or Allgerita's 8"-F 9"-R on track I have no body clearance problems in either set even with the car lower 1.5" or more I do use spacers on track 17mm front and 7 mm rear. The spacers are only used to help with my high negative chamber on track.

'
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote