View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
gsy4771

New member, not quite an owner

Sort of a premature introduction, I joined the site with the anticipation of purchasing a Boxster. I have been eyeing one for years, finally entering a period in my life where I can afford a ‘fun’ car. I used to own a 914 (’73 1.7L) when I was in high school, close to 30 years ago. It was a blast and kept me in the poor house. My wife and I drove a 02 Boxster S a couple weekends ago I haven’t stopped smiling. I will say I can put myself into the category of IMS concerns, maintenance expense anxiety, etc. etc. But man, it was so much fun. I’m hoping to do some of the maintenance myself, I’m able to change oil, plugs and brakes. We have put our search on hold until the Spring so we can save some money. I’m thinking of 2006-2009, under 70k miles, manual and I’m not sure I care about a S or base. I have read the ‘thinking of buying a Boxster’ thread, a couple times, and trying to make sense of the information.

I do have a question regarding the PPI. I can see doing that when buying from a private buyer but do dealers allow for this inspection? Whether I was buying from a dealer or a private buyer I would intended taking it to a third-party garage for the inspection. Also, are there standard items I would have to mention for the PPI or is the process standard?

So hopefully in a few months I can respond with some pictures of a purchase!
gsy4771 is offline   Reply With Quote