View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #9
mltranmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post

The plastic panel is not an issue to me. I've seen plenty of those broken and broke one or two myself. The spots on the floor under the car may be an issue. If it is a Rear main seal leak, or IMS seal leak, the transmission has to come off to replace/repair it. Many of us have done it as DIY, but not a good starting point for a beginner. Lots of labor cost at a shop. Good opportunity for a clutch and replacement IMS bearing though.
If the price is right, it would certainly be worth having a knowledgeable shop do a PPI and estimate on.
Haha, thanks 78F350...I was waiting for someone to comment on the spider web. You brought up something else I should mention. The clutch was replaced by a Porsche shop 7k miles ago and had an inspection at that time as well. I've attached the copy of the invoice. Wouldn't they have looked at the RMS/IMS at that point?

Edit: Yes, those are 3 distinct oil spots and engine is low on oil and light comes on when started. Oil was checked and it just covered the bottom 1/3 of the dipstick.

Last edited by mltranmer; 10-12-2017 at 12:56 PM.
mltranmer is offline   Reply With Quote