View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 07:29 AM   #6
Gelbster

It seems likely that this is a component failure issue from the symptoms.
So either vacuum leak or an electrical component failure or a system plug/disconnect.
1.Does the SAI Pump run from cold start? It also runs while the engine is warm sometimes as a self-test.
2. Smoke test or other for vacuum leak - jut hook up Mighty vac and see if the sytem holds a vacuum?
3. There is a small orifice tht the SAI system uses that gets plugged with carbon deposits -Search- clean it out.
All simple but tedious stuff to do.
After that it gets much worse !
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2002s View Post
Secondary Air Injector/ Evaporation System Not Ready/ Not complete
I'm in that chasing my tail situation because I failed inspection.
I have done the internet searches and tried portions of the regiment cold drive cycles some suggest for the last couple of weeks. I've done a few 2-3 hour trips all with no luck.
I did do a code (P0442) clear about 3 months back on an 1800+ mile road trip through the smokey mountains.
I get a P0442 very randomly, maybe 1-2 times a year and I have always attributed to a
lose gas cap sometime after refueling. I replaced the cap about 3 years ago due to a broken Lanyard.
I'm starting to think that the random P0442 code maybe indicating that when the monitor finally sets, the code pops because of an issue with the evap. canister system
How do I test the evap system?
I now only have the month of October with my rejected inspection
Thanks for any help
I know Jeff in PA has weighed in on this on other forums
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote