View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 03:08 AM   #6
itsnotanova

Can you post a picture of the damage? I'm pretty good at telling what's messed up from looking at pictures. I've never worked the insurance side of the business but I can tell you that the insurance companies are very quick to total a 986 boxster. I've seen them write off boxster's for as little as a bumper cover getting ripped off. I've even seen them total a boxster because the AOS went out. I hate to tell you but they're more than likely going to want to total it. I have had customers who were able to convince the insurance company not to write their car off by getting quotes from body shops on their own. They also searched for replacement parts on their own as to drive the cost down. I think it will have a lot to do with your insurance company's rules and procedures, but also the claims adjuster and how willing they are to work with you. If you want to save your boxster, you'll need to start getting prepared to have information that will save the insurance company money. Take some pictures to body shops in your area and get a rough estimate. Every body shop will need to see the car in person to give an accurate estimate, but at least you can somewhat weed out the more expensive shops. You also need to start calling around to your local salvage yards for parts. I can help you with the small stuff, but large body parts you'll want to source locally.