View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #9
steved0x

I just had 3 days covering 14 sessions at Roebling road raceway on the Maxxis Victra RC-1 in 255/40/17 and 225/45/17 on the OEM 17x8.5 and 17x7 wheels. Two things came to mind immediately when I received the tires:
  • The tread really wraps around the sidewall, and it was curved, vs for example the square shoulder on a hankook r-s3 which wears off quickly. This might be good for camber limited cars. I was running them at -2.5 front and -1.9 back. Edit 5/21/2018 - The faster I got with these, the more edge wear I got and it seemed like they did need more camber after all.
  • They are a little narrower than the equivalent sizes of Nitto NT-01. Some may say that I bad, but when running on the stock wheels, it might be good because it means the tire is not as pinched on the wheel which some say gives less sidewall deflection, rollover, and increased grip.

It was really hot (85-90F) vs last time I was at Roebling, and while I did not beat my previous best of a low/mid 1:28.x, I did get into the 1:28's and ran long strings of 1:29's, the most I had ever done. I thrashed these tires for 3 days in the heat, no chunking or anything.

The wear was good, and I drove to/from the track in them as well (maybe not smart but they have 2 pretty big circumferential grooves for water evac and dot compliance)

I'll type a review with some pictures and stuff later, but these may be an additional contender in the space.

SCCA member check the member benefits on the scca website for possible discounts, or also their facebook page, I got them at a 20% discount a while back.

Probably not the right tire fir folks with only 1 set of wheels, but a new option. Their new 200 TW tire only comes in 255/40/17 in 17" and I don't know about the 18's.

Last edited by steved0x; 05-21-2018 at 11:14 AM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote