View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #149
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnRD View Post
Amazing stuff Fred! First thing I look at when I open my computer in the morning!
Oh man, that is so cool to hear. I'll try my best to detail the steps the best I can and update as often as I can. Unfortunately I have to leave a lot of stuff out as it would just bury the whole "car related" thing under a ton of technical rumble. I'd get bored myself loll I'll try my best to entertain more! Thanks for the encouragement bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace River View Post
My chequebook has one cheque set aside
Cheques are for important stuff my friend! Trying to built this kit in a way that we can pay them off with our spare change Already reached the $250 mark. Goes fast :/ (sukx, this world needs rebooting man)

Quote:
Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
Wow Fred, if you are supplying 4 USB you must have quite a power capacity for that voltage. Are these USB 2 or 3?
The whole system is rated at 5AMP. Runs both 12VDC and 5VDC independently and managed/filtered by a uninterrupted power supply (UPS) over a MODBUS logic. (Spanish for good stuff)

5AMP = 0.4amp for the whole system itself. Very energy/efficient. Intel Corp… pffff. That means it leaves you with little over 4 amps for your USB hub. Unseen yet in the screen grabs is a Hub Controller (pic below) which is rated at 1 amp per channel (has 4Ch).

Unless your GF decide to retrofit her hair dryer to USB one day or you plan on powering your HID lighting off the back of a Car PC, then we need to talk man loll As of most of today’s commercially available USB devices, we should have more than enough overhead with that 4amp Man that’s a lots of webcams lollll

USB 2.0 of course! Compatible to literally everything. If really you need the 3.0 digital signals (or xfer rate), something tells me this is something that normally doesn’t happen in a Car. Regardless, the mainboard already has 1 (one) built-in 3.0 port, few ways for you to access it if really (really really) you need that

Hope that answers your Qs bud. Feel free to ask any other questions (other than USB related LOLLL… man almost hate the thing now)

^ Spanish for S.M.A.R.T lolll