View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 05:34 AM   #14
longislander1

Early Boxster owners will probably shoot me, but I think that power, interior quality and looks are keeping those values down. The early Boxsters are nice cars and true sports cars when they're standing alone. However, there was a significant drop in horsepower from the 968 (despite the upgrade from a 4 to a 6). And while the 968 interior was certainly primitive by today's standards, the leather quality and sturdiness of the interior bits was superior to the early Boxster. Finally, the early Boxsters simply didn't look as aggressive as the 968s. Anyway, those were three factors that kept me away from the Boxster until the 987s arrived. (I also thought the droopy headlights were a turnoff.)

It's hard to say what will happen to future Boxster values. Porsche is sharing more 911 content with the Boxster now, and that may help. On the other hand, the numbers of cars being manufactured today are well beyond what Porsche has done for individual model lines before. That may continue to hurt values. We'll see.
longislander1 is offline   Reply With Quote