View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
Dlirium

Garage
Mountain Driving - Boxster Won't Start!

Hi All - I'd appreciate some direction here -

Took a nice drive up to Tahoe over the weekend, got to about 4000 feet going up hwy 88 and pulled over to check out the view. Got back in my 2000 S with 122k miles that has been running beautifully, and got the "crank - not start" thing.

I waited about 10 minutes and tried again - same thing. Waited another 45 min and tried. Still no joy. At that point I decided to cut my losses and call AAA. They took it the 170 miles to my house while I got a rental car and finished my vacation.

When I got home Sunday afternoon, i went out to the car (crossing my fingers), and sure enough, it started right up! So I *think* that rules out what I had initially suspected as the fuel pump.

I've heard it could be the "fuel vent valve" our something, but haven't come across anything definitive. Again, it runs great, so probably not a cam sensor or bad coils.

Anyone have an idea? Sure would be grateful for any tips...

Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote