View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute
So yesterday I went down to pick up a part for my car, and while I was at the parts counter I decided to get new wiper blades (damn desert heat :P). When I found out they were $60 because you have to replace the WHOLE wiper, not just the blade I was very annoyed. But the very nice guy at the parts counter said he wanted to try something. So he took some new blades for an Audi (it's a Porsche-Audi dealer), pulled the dead ones out of the Boxster's wiper and, after some wiggling, got the new blades in! Near perfect fit, and only $16 for the pair!

All you have to do is cut about half an inch off the end of an Audi blade (one end has a small notch that is not needed by the Porsche rails), put the wiper rails into the groove as normal and feed it into the wiper. It's a tiny bit wider than the Porsche version, so it takes a bit of force to get it in, but they work great and are MUCH cheaper than buying a whole new wiper. I was so happy, I bought myself a set of Porsche-crested valve caps and I was STILL under what the price of the Porsche wipers would be!
DAMN! I went to Checker's and picked up the best wipers they had for around $20.00/ea. They fit perfectly without any modification.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote