Thread: SR7 Plus???
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 09:42 AM   #6
1JB

bmussatti - I don't know about where you drive but the highways in my area are all 55 mph. Anything over 65 mph, especially in a Porsche and you're ticketed. 70-75 mph is generally my limit and I'm going through speed traps more and more often. We also have some clever areas where they drop the speed limit from 45 to 25 and back and that's where they put more speed traps. We've had one "construction area" sign up for over a year on a rural road where the police sit and pull you over if you don't have your headlights on. There hasn't been any construction yet though. Most of these posted speed limits are not about driving safety but revenue generation it would seem. I don't feel reckless driving 70 on a 4 lane highway posted at 55 with people passing me. It's a revenue racket and I'll use the best defense I can. I also won't keep taking a portable detector in and out of the car. So when I put in that kind of radar detector it's not because I'm thinking, "Gee I want to exceed the posted speed limit." I know if I ever get the car out of 3rd gear I'm going to be going faster than 55 and every other day there's going to be a cop sitting in some spot ready to bring in another chunk of cash. What's the speed limit where you live?
Auto Climate
Bose with Windstop
CD Changer
Heated Seats
Clear Sidemarkers
Midnight Blue Side Vents
1JB is offline   Reply With Quote