Thread: SR7 Plus???
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 07:13 AM   #4
1JB

I had the SRX installed by the dealer. They put the "head unit" where you connect everything in the front trunk area by the battery. They went from there through the fire wall about dead center in the car in the same area. I can check to see how they went through. For the rear shifter they went through a hole that was already there by the top of the license plate I believe but I can check that too. The front shifers are in each of the front intakes on the top. The radar detector unit is in the lower part of the right intake. The Inteior unit is in the "cubby" in front of the stick shift. They just used 2 sided tape. I made slide it back in a bit further. I had the remote mute button run to the left side of the dash to the right of the ingnition area. It's easy to reach with your left hand. I also had the bi-color led put just above the steering column and below the right guage. I highly recommend the remote mute button (lets you change volume as well) and the led. When it goes to mute it's hard to hear and you have to keep looking at the unit to see if the radar is still on. The led just blinks red and you don't have to take your eye off the road. I'll check the front firewall and see if they went through an existing hole. Total installation with the unit was $2,300 US and well worth it. It took them several hours to install. The laser shifters do work. I was nailed dead to rights by a laser gun and managed to slow down and get back into the center lane of a three lane highway behind another car as the cop took a second shot. I was concerned that the radar reception would not be optimal because of the low location in the front right air intake but I used my 8500 along with it to test it and the SRX detected the radar before the 8500 everytime by a small margin.
Auto Climate
Bose with Windstop
CD Changer
Heated Seats
Clear Sidemarkers
Midnight Blue Side Vents
1JB is offline   Reply With Quote