View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
You would definitely benefit from going down a gear in a few places. Watch some of the spec boxster vids from RA and see.
I agree, I think if this was a 2 day event I may have tried the following:
  • Go from 4->3 when braking for turn 3 - I was flat coming out of turn 3 leading up to the esses and was nowhere near the limit
  • Go from 4->3 when braking for turn 6 - then I don't have a downshift going into 7 and I can put all my focus on maximizing my speed there
  • Or maybe even try 3->2 going into turn 7, 3rd is lugging it coming out of there
  • Turn 1 - at my current speeds I could probably go 4->3 and pull up the hill better, but I think I can roll more speed into 1. Once I feel I am doing well there, I will see if a 4->3 makes sense

Quote:
Also need to keep you foot in it coming down the hill into T12, its a really fast corner and on NT01's you can carry much more speed.
That is definitely a work in progress I think what I might try is go 3->5 (or even 3->6 unless that would put me way too low in the RPM range) under the bridge, and then work up to more throttle that way. Then when my foot is used to pressing down (it often releases by itself...) I will go back to 4.

Quote:
Looks like you had a great time. I've not been to RA in far too long, that will be rectified next month.
Who are you running with when you go back? There is a Just Track It event that I am toying with the idea of going...

Quote:
Congrats on the time decrease and keep working at it.
Thank you! It felt really good!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote