View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #1
Javi Cooper

Aftermarket oil pressure gauge to factory sender

I have a 996 oil pressure sender that I wanted to wire an aftermarket gauge to. I ended up with an AEM 2" oil press. gauge, part no. 30-5135:

Somewhere along the line I got lost and expected this gauge to have a single wire that I could connect to the 996 sender, just like the factory 996 cluster and various other aftermarket gauges. Instead this gauge has a 3-wire proprietary harness that connects the gauge to the included sender (see top right harness). Wire colors are black, red and green.

Anyone has an idea if the sender plug can be cut off and the harness wired to work with the stock sender? The gauge has two status lights for out of range voltage, one for low and the other for high. I'm wondering if two of the cables are for these lights while the third cable is for the actual oil pressure reading. Anyone knows which one

If all else fails, what would be a good place to install the AEM sender? Thread is 1/8" NPT. According to Pedro's page:
Quote:
For the oil pressure, Porsche provided a port right on the engine, where you remove a factory plug and replace with an adapter where the temperature sensor screws into. One side of the sensor goes to ground and just one wire goes to the gauge in the dash.
I can't find anything info on this. Where is this port? What adapter is he talking about? What thread is the port?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote