View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
mbenjam

2007 Sightings and A/C question

Hi, all. Fascinating forum.

I am in the delightful position of contemplating my first Boxster. This seems to be a good time of year to acquire a new Box, since the 2007 models hit the street any day now.

Has anyone here seen a 2007 model? I think it's worth it to wait for one, then pay MSRP for a properly-equipped model. I'm looking forward to the retooled Tiptronic and slightly stronger engine. I read a post on CNN Money.com to suggest paying a little more for the new model year of cars in general, though I am open to suggestions about the already great 2006 987 model.

BTW, another question is about the air conditioning system in the Boxster. Seeing as how the world seems to be getting warmer with each passing year, do you guys think the Boxster's air conditioning system is able to keep up? Do you feel adequately cooled on a triple-digit day? How long does the A/C take to really get cranking? I have heard that German cars in general are not good warm-weather cars, since it doesn't get that hot in Germany. I can attest that the A/C in a BMW or Benz is not as good as the A/C in my Infiniti, for example. Now that pretty much every part of the country is plagued by 100+ degree temps, I think a discussion of A/C adequacy is much in order.

A distant third question is how to get MP3 technology in these cars. I wonder if anyone has had success mounting an MP3-capable CD changer in the front boot. Does Crutchfield have a harness cable adaptor?

I hope to join the rarified ranks of Boxster owners soon!

Regards from LA (The Valley),
Dr. B.
mbenjam is offline   Reply With Quote