View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
Gelbster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.rhodes View Post
What's the cost? Is there a performance benefit from no SAI? I keep reading about the SAI headaches so getting rid of it could be a good thing.
Alex,
If this works s I hope it will permit complete removal of the entire SAI system.The entry ports for SAI air on top of each cylinder head could be blocked off with plates.This is what the Track guys do.
Previously there was a big penalty for doing this to road cars in California-The CEL would illuminate & it would fail the Smog Test and get you into hellish conflict with the Authorities.The Ready Status would also be a Smog failure.
Hopefully this hack would not trigger a CEL nor would it produce A "Ready Status " failure.
To pass the Visual Test as part of the Ca Smog Test, you could leave the SAI pump and visible hose in place. Just disconnect it electrically.
You would still need the crack-prone Vacuum Acumulator and it's brittle vac hoses for other vacuum controlled functions other than the SAI.
I am just learning about this new part so please do not rely on my optimism - yet.
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote