View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #11
cfos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster

One of the first Hotel Chains in the world was started by a guy named Conrad Statler (several of his hotels have since changed hands, but still retain the Statler name). Anyway, in each of his hotel lobbies, Statler had a small plaque which read: "Life is Service, those who succeed, give their fellow man a little better service..."

I think if we believe this, it is up to us to expect this of a Vendor and not to succumb to expediency or indifference. But, as I said, - just my humble $0.02...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
While I agree that we should expect good service from vendors, I also think that satisfying customers with issues is just as important. Likewise, I am intrigued by good forum discussions and while I enjoyed some Taco Bell *incorrect amount of fire sauce -- hot sauce is just not the same* I decided to research the story of Conrad Statler since I was moved by the aforementioned quote. Unfortunately, there is no Conrad Statler. ELLSWORTH Statler (1997 inductee for the Conrad N. Hilton College of the University of Houston) was the hotel mogel. CONRAD Hilton purchased the Statler chain in 1954.

That's my nickels-worth *I gotta count more for inflation and early retirement*

Last edited by cfos; 07-30-2006 at 08:34 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote