View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 05:02 AM   #3
steved0x

The R-S3 has a symmetric directional tread, but rotating them side to side in the dry, you will have no problems.

Another option is to dismount the tires, flip them, and move them to the other side of the car, so that the current outsides of the tire become the insides. This helps to even out the wear. I try to do it when I figure I am about halfway through the life of the tire, or if I am getting uneven wear, when the outer edges (usually the part that seems to wear first) seem to be down to halfway.

With your alignment (-2'ish in the front?) the extra wear you are seeing may be only on the very shoulder of the tire. The R-S3 has a very square shoulder that rounds down pretty quick, especially on the side that takes the most load (usually the left side on clockwise tracks) but in my opinion it isn't a sign of uneven wear.

Do you still have your little triangle tread indicators on the side? If those are worn off then you might be running too low of air pressure and that will wear out the edge of the tire early. (More experienced folks - is this true or is it an old wives' tale?)

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote