View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 08:50 AM   #259
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Smokin ass deal on that earl pan!
Yes! There's lots of good deals on CL but you have to get them quick.

I'm getting the trunk ready for my accusump instillation, so I decided to go ahead and remove the spoiler mechanism. Most spec guys remove these pieces and lock the spoiler in the up position. I'm locking mine in the down position as it interferes with the aftermarket spoiler I installed on the trunk. I don't believe either really do much of anything and my car feels as stable at 120mph as it does at 60mph. Save your breath if you're a pro-stock spoiler person. Until I see an actual wind tunnel picture, I don't think the rear stock spoiler/gurney flap does much of anything. Sorry that's my opinion.

It only takes about thirty minutes at most to remove everything in the picture above and it's all reversible if I chose to put it back in. If you look at the picture below, there's a small pin inside the piston right below that brass colored sleeve. The cable attaches to that pin to control the spoiler from going up or down. You have to pry the case apart and the cable slides off from that pin. To keep the spoiler from rising, you have to drill a small hole and put a screw through it. You can see the small hole I drilled to the left of the pin. The hole is in the valley between the big and small tube. Total loss 4lbs