View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 08:06 PM   #807
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

I dropped by the shop today and the Boxster was ..... gone!

This was a good thing since that meant that it was driven (!!!) down the street to the body shop to have the fender, bumper cover, and rear quarter damage repaired.

The downside was that as work on the suspension was completed a few more parts were ultimately found to need replacement like the right front hub/upright which looked ok to the naked eye but was misaligned once all of the suspension components were installed and a rough alignment done.

Also, we decided to go ahead and replace the right rear wheel bearing since the right rear wheel took a hit hard enough to crack the rear suspension subframe meaning that the wheel bearing took a huge thrust force which it was not designed to take. So we might as well replace it now.

Still looks like the car should be ready next week - worst case is that everything gets done except final paint of the front bumper cover which can be done after the race weekend.

I also expect some teething problems after replacing this many parts, so I don't expect to be in the front of the field next weekend. The goal for next weekend is to get back on the track and complete all of the sessions. There will likely be a few things that might still need adjustment or tweaking to get the car back to full competitive form.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 03-03-2017 at 10:26 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote