View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 03:38 PM   #10
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Thanks Jim, That was a great deal of help, Yeah i am obsessing a bit, mainly cause i just got the box and my last porsche was a 67 912. So is it not sooo out of the ordinary for the meter to vary 3 bars from the last indiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Warm Oil will expand raising the level. Second, the Car must be on level ground - impossible to get an exact duplicate reading in two separate locations - if you do it's coincidence. Third, the Digi-guages are not the most accurate. Fourth, almost all Oil changes done at a mechanic or dealer tend to be slightly overfilled as they don't take the time to drain it fully, so more usually goes back in than came out (by a small margin). Finally, your car also has a Low Oil Indicator (the bottom Bar will Flash) if you're dangerously Low and a diagnostic system (entire display flashes) if there is a bad sensor, broken wire or short.

In short, I think you're obsessing. Ask the shop how much Oil they put in. If they say 9 Qts., you're OK. But, don't be tempted to add any more. Damage to the Cats and OČ sensors will result from chronic overfilling...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99 (mit das Dipschtick)
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote