Thread: Seat Covers
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 04:17 PM   #11
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Here are some photos of the L-Seat covers in my 911SC...

I did my best to describe what I am seeing. This is hard because everyone has their own set of criteria for what is acceptable quality and what is not, so I may have gone overboard trying to point out every little drawback but i know some people who would notice these small details immediately. If you (or someone reading this) is that person, then better to know now.

At the end of the day, only you can decide if these seat covers are acceptable to you. For me, they were the perfect quality for a daily driver that isn't going be in a concours competition - and the price can't be beat.

Hope this helps.

Overall, the first impression is that they look pretty good and feel fine. I do want to mention that the leather has a bit of an orange peel texture and is a little stiffer/less supple than the factory leather. The only thing that someone might notice from this angle is the wavy piping on the drivers left side bolster.

Once again, the seat covers look pretty good except the piping on the right edge of the passenger seat is a little wavy at the headrest, top of the shoulder, and at the right side bolster. Also, the fit on the side of the driver right bolster isn't perfect resulting in a little bit of puckering in the leather on the outside. The same puckering is evident on the passenger left side bolster. Its not nearly as obvious in real life as the photo has the light hitting it just right.

Again, the seat looks fine but the stitching at the shoulder level between the center ventilated panel and the outer leather looks pulled overly tight. Again, you have to REALLY look to see this, but it is there.

Here is a close-up of the bottom seat portion. On the left side, I was able to get the light to reflect the orange peel texture. This isn't really visible when you walk up to the car, but it is visible when the light hits it just right.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 02-24-2017 at 04:22 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote