View Single Post
Old 04-10-2004, 09:37 PM   #7
BrianF1960

Lizzie -

The carpet pieces are all pre-cut and mounted to a plastic frame that covers the airbag sensor and other bits and pieces behind the console. The attached picture has a rough outline I added of the size of the console's carpeted area from my install. Suncoast sold me my kit and I can't find the invoice to give you the part numbers, but Porsche makes them in all 2003-2004 interior carpet colors and has the matching trim piece for each console color. It takes a lot longer to get unique colors. I had a Natural Brown Leather console on order for two months before changing my mind on an order and buying a Boxster S out of stock. The new car's Savanna Beige color was in stock and shipped the day I ordered it. Here's Suncoast's web page on the console:

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=gt3console&Category_Code=986sport

The only glitch in doing it yourself as Charlie mentioned is that the front mounting hole on the kit are too smal lto fit over the bolts.

I'd recommend getting the 500 SE model with the console delete and adding a non-smoker kit (also on Suncoast's website) for a storage niche if you want storage at hand.

Good luck!!

Brian
BrianF1960 is offline   Reply With Quote