View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #32
Meir
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintthomas View Post
Well that's complicated lol!

I just wanted them to come on and off with the courtesy light lol. Going back to the original question, would that be easy to do? Rather than adding timers and photoelectric sensors? Literally just want the headlights (or parking lights) to mimic the courtesy lights.

Going back to basics: would a 12v feed with a diode from the courtesy lights to the side lights work? So that when the courtesy light turns on, the sidelights turn on, but when the sidelights are manually turned on, it doesn't turn the courtesy lights on.

If that works, that's literally all I originally wanted the only thing I'd need to know is the wattage of the diode. It would be a 12v diode, but what wattage?
LOL!
no the whole timer and light sensor is my flavor for the idea that you got (and i like).
but you will need a 30 amp (at minimum) relay. two if you want to connect to the runing lights.
when i get to it, i'm going to connect to the fog lights, but will show also the connection to the running light.
just one clarification needed. when you say corner lights, are you referring to the parking lights?
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote