View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 10:36 AM   #11
Meir
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
Thats awesome. I also have this annoying rattle and if I had thought about it sooner I would have taken care of it while I had my transmission out for the clutch change.

I wonder if the replacement parts would be the same for the 2001 "S" model?

No kids, no wife, no alimony, no car payments and later this year no mortgage either, but a girlfriend can be costly too with a Boob overhaul in the 5k-10k range
that's money well spend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
Back story...
I've owned my 2000 BoxS for over 8 years now....purchased with 76K miles, now with almost 132K. Although I love looking at newer cars...especially Boxsters, I have three, count 'em THREE boys in college right now. A newer car of any sort is not really in the cards.

Like lots on the forums, my car had the track arm rattle....not at all unexpected given the age and mileage of the car. Being a cheap SOB (apparently) I tried swapping my track arms for some used ones I picked up from a part out a few years ago. The new, used parts did nothing to help the problem.

Next, I took my original track arms apart, repacked the grease and used a punch to 'tighten' the joint as I'd seen online. Unfortunately, the experiment was not successful.

Only good thing was I was getting pretty quick at doing the replacement.

Last week, I broke out the credit card and picked up a couple of new TRW track arms ($107 each). The arms arrived today and I installed them and anxiously took my first drive....

Success!! My car sounds quite and rattle free. It's so nice and I cannot recommend this job enough. I've always been impressed with how rattle and squeak free my soon to be 17 year old car was, with the exception of the low speed track arm rumble. The new track arms truly makes the car feel 10 years newer. Its great!

I haven't had a car payment in many, many years. This $214 investment is less than half of most folks monthly car payment. Money well spent!
where did you buy the parts?
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote