View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 08:17 AM   #13
steved0x

That sounds like a good plan, in my opinion, when you lower the car, make sure to keep the same proportion of front to back rake as what is given in the Bentley manual/service manual, which is here on the forum somewhere. The measurements they use are taken from suspension points to the floor which is kind of an awkward measurement but I think it is important. When I first installed coilovers I had the back set too high in relation to the front which contributed to bad handling and a tail happy car.

There will be a lot of jacking the car up and taking the wheels on and off, and using a micrometer to measure your height adjustment (or counting turns of the adjustment collars after marking them with a white crayon) to make sure they are exactly the same side to side.

One helpful tip is to separate the upper and lower collar by some amount, like 5 mm, and count how many turns it took to get there, then 10mm and count that, and then when you measure the chassis height and need to go up or down X mm you have an idea of how many turns of the collars to make (although it is not 1:1)
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote